Joining the Government of the Republic of Armenia Cash Assistance Programs, the Armenian Red Cross Society, following the escalation of the Karabakh conflict, has provided a total of 2,828,880,696 AMD to host and displaced families between 2020-2022, including:
- Support to the access of basic needs: utility fees for the shelters where people arrived from NK are accommodated (545 shelters, over 16,000 ppl, AMD 174,490,108 )
- Support to host families (about 17 538 ppl covered, AMD 538,990,588 AMD 30 000 to each adult person)
- Support to displaced people (14000 persons, 952 mln AMD, AMD 68 000 for each person)
- Assistance to Syunik and Gegharkunik border communities (one-time cash assistance to 1685 families in 27 communities to purchase firewood and fodder before winter, total 471,800.000 AMD)
- Assistance to the displaced persons to reimburse utility bills (15,000 AMD one-time assistance to 15,019 people, including 1,500 local vulnerable people, totaling 225 million AMD)
- Assistance for displaced persons aged 0-18 years, 1st and 2nd group disabled ppeople, people who lost their property, in January-February (6129 people, 20 and 40 thousand AMD, total 466 million 600 thousand AMD).
The Armenian Red Cross Society has implemented cash assistance programs with the support of
the International Committee of the Red Cross - 1,204,810,588 AMD
International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies - 272,580,000 AMD
Swiss Red Cross - 399,490,108 AMD
Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees - 952 million AMD.