The Armenian Red Cross Society (ARCS) has been providing humanitarian assistance to people who arrived in Armenia in search of safety since the very first days of the escalation of the Nagorno - Karabakh conflict.
The ARCS’ partners in the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and some International and National organizations provided more than AMD 2 billion 146 million (about 4 mln CHF) to the Armenian Red Cross to respond to the most urgent and pressing needs of people.
• Over 100’000 pieces of Humanitarian assistance (food, non-food items)
• Support to 14 health facilities with mobility aid items, hygiene and bedding items and medical equipment
• Prevention measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19 by distribution of around 600 000 masks and 150 000 alcogels
• Supporting with winterization project more than 50 000 people (heaters, winter clothes, warm blankets)
• Support with medical/care items and First Aid kits to more than 10,000 ppl
• Support to the access of basic needs: utility fees for the shelters where people arrived from NK are accommodated (474 shelters, over 11,500 ppl, AMD 363 mln)
• Support to host families (about 9800 ppl covered, AMD 295 mln)
• ARCS hotlines covered over 19,000 calls
• provided MHPSS and PFA to more than 20,000 people, including 1125 wounded soldiers and their relatives, citizens involved in the process of identifying the bodies of those killed during the conflict (200), people sheltered in state institutions and private houses (2306), to the relatives of the missing persons and captives (2690).
• 1900 children reached through Children Resilience activities/Access to education
• ARCS Post-Traumatic Rehabilitation Center uses all its potential and professional skills of the staff in the process of treatment, physical and psychological rehabilitation of wounded solders (125).
• Tracing Service covered over 3860 calls.